Thursday, January 30, 2014

New Trees

I hope everyone has had a great week. The weather has warmed up a bit the last few days. However it looks like another artic front with some chances of snow are in the forecast for the next couple of days. I know that the snow is not what everyone wants to see however it will be very beneficial to the golf course as things have gotten really dry over the last several weeks with the high winds and the snow will protect the turf from the bitter cold temperatures. Today we were able to take advantage of the nice weather and were able to plant two new trees on the golf course. One on #6 and one on #1. Both of these trees were replacement trees due to the two from last year that didn't make it. I have attached a picture below of the new Red Oak on #6. Next week I am fortunate enough to get out of the cold weather for a bit as I will be attending our annual national Golf Course Industry Education Conference in Orlando, Florida. I will be able to sit in on some great education seminars and I will also try and bring some sunshine and warm weather back with me. My crew over the next week will continue to stay busy finishing up the last bit of painting and doing some much needed organizing and cleaning in the shop. As temperatures get warm enough we will be out continuing on irrigation installation between #6 & #7, drainage on #17 fairway, installing stones along the cart paths on #14, and doing some more dead tree removals. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment