Monday, February 10, 2014

A Lot of Snow

Ole Man winter just keeps on bringing some nasty cold weather to us here in Kansas City. I was fortunate enough to be out of town in a warmer climate for most of it, but coming back home on Saturday was a shock to the system as temperatures have been in the single digits ever since I have been back. My trip however was full of some great education and networking opportunities along with some great family vacation time. Our annual Education Conference and Show is always one of my annual highlights in my profession. Having the opportunity to learn and bring back new ideas is a tremendous opportunity for me and I am very fortunate to be able to go. Things around the shop have been very slow as you can expect. The maintenance staff is ready for the weather to turn and to be able to get outside. We are all a bunch of caged animals right now and are tired of being locked in doors. I have attached a picture of the clubhouse from last week that was taken by my Assistant Juan before they started pushing the snow. As you are all aware we received a lot of snow about 13" by our estimation. It is going to take a while before we see the turf again. This snow will provide us with some much needed moisture that will really help out with the dry conditions that were present prior to the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment